Sunday, April 26, 2009

Time Flies... Finally another post.


I know, I know, it has been awhile since the last post.  The time just seems to go by so fast.  So, I thought I would put a few pictures of Easter a few weeks ago.  Siena looked so 
cute in her dress and was a little more excited this year, especially about all the 'chocolate' - her new favorite food. 

















  We went to church and then spent the afternoon at my sisters house and had dinner with the family. It was a fun day- except we did not have very nice weather to go along with it. 
















We have been busy finishing our projects around the yard.  Mitch has been installing slate walkways and we also put in two large raised garden boxes so we could have a big garden this summer. I am so excited, because I love to garden.  I know it doesn't look like much in the pictures,

but I wanted to show the 
progression from the beginning, don't worry I am sure you will get many more pictures as the garden fills in. I was a little ambitious (maybe a bit too much) and I started everything from seed (about 6-8 weeks ago).  Needless to say, we have way more plants than we have space in our garden.  So, we are going to fit as much as possible in there and hope it all comes to fruition.  We already have peas, lettuce, carrots, spinach and beans that are steadily growing. Yay!!
The weather is finally beginning to act like spring and Siena is obsessed with wanting to be outside.  She loves to go to the park and swing and feed the ducks.  She just likes to run, run, run in the big open space.  I have a feeling we are going to be spending alot of time outside in the months ahead.  That's OK with me, I am ready for the nice sunny days of summer to come. 

I just had to had this (sort of) funny story.  One day I was fixing Siena lunch, and she left the kitchen for just a minute- literally.  I told her to come over and get her lunch and I glanced over at the couch, and she was just sitting ever so quietly. 

So, I went over to get her and I see that she had gotten a ballpoint pen (from where, I don't know) and decided to do some 'artwork' on the couch.  
She said -- 'mommy -- drawing!'.   I was quite mad at first, but it was also kind of funny. I thought I should take a picture, to show Mitch when he came home. Luckily, the sectional is microfiber and is very easy to clean, it came right out.  (she looks so innocent -- right??)









2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great Easter photos! And you got a cute one of Sofia and Siena. Your garden boxes look good, it will be fun to see them over-flowing with vegetables.

Lana said...

Hi friends!! Just stopping by your blog to see how you are doing. Siena is seriously the most beautiful little girl I know. Those eyes are GORGEOUS! She is so cute. Her Easter dress was adorable. All the pictures of her and her many faces were too cute. Her drawing on the couch was priceless. I am jealous of your garden. It looks like it will be amazing. Also, it looked like your cruise was amazing too. We miss you!! Love, Lana Dansie